The North Bay Heritage Gardeners are a local, non-profit organization with over 250 volunteer gardeners who maintain and enhance ornamental gardens along the Lake Nipissing waterfront. Volunteers can be involved in much more than just gardening!
Heritage Gardeners usually spend 1-2 hours per week during the gardeing season tending to their beautiful waterfront garden. No experience required! There are many ways to be involved with the Heritage Gardeners beyond gardening.
Become a Heritage Gardener
1. Complete and Sign the 2018 Heritage Gardener Registration Form.
- A form has to be completed each year for insurance reasons.
- Please return this form before you start gardening, by e-mail, post or drop off at the Heritage Gardeners office or Discovery North Bay Museum.
2. Log your volunteer hours on the 2018 Volunteer Hours Tracking Form and returning it at the end of the season.
3. If you are a student or youth, please complete the Student Registration Form.
4. Review the Safety Standards & Volunteer Handbook HERE.
Please click HERE to download & print the 2018 Registration form.
Please click HERE to download & print the 2018 Hours Tracking form.
Please click HERE to download & print the 2018 Student/Youth Registration form.
Please click HERE to download & print the 2017 Hours Tracking form.
Interested volunteers are asked to contact the Heritage Gardener Director. More details can be found on the Heritage Gardeners website. Please use the Nomination form to nominate a Heritage Gardener, thank you! Executive Committee nomination form 2018
Executive Committee Sponsorship Chair (1 position): The role of the Sponsorship Chair is to represent sponsorship outreach initiatives with outside bodies and act as a link person between the Director and the Executive committee. The role involves coordinating and assisting with special events and fundraising initiatives to ensure the growth and continued success of the Heritage Gardeners’ program. The commitment involves attending 1-2 hour monthly meetings and attending special events. Heritage Gardeners Sponsorship Chair Position Description 2018
Executive Committee Chair (1 position): The Chair’s role is to chair the committee meetings and have a function of representing the organization to outside bodies and acting as a link person between the Director and the Executive committee. The commitment involves attending 1-2 hour monthly meetings and attending special events. Nominations will take place at the 2018 Annual General Meeting. Heritage Gardeners Chair Position Description 2018
Executive position nominations will take place at the Spring General Meeting.
Team Leader (5+ positions): The Team Leader helps with the design, planting and maintenance of the waterfront garden beds and coordinates their garden team’s gardening activities. The Team Leader is responsible for attending the annual spring meeting and maintaining communication with team members. Heritage Gardeners Team Leader Position Description 2018
1. Sign up for Heritage Gardener monthly Newsletter at http://eepurl.com/uj0MH
- Copy the link into your internet browser and complete the sign-up form.
- The Newsletter contains information and updates on the Heritage Gardeners program, upcoming events and local news.
2. Participate in the Heritage Gardener Incentive Program!
3. Share the beauty of the waterfront gardens by sharing your gardening photos.
- Photo’s may be used for documentation, promotion, website and social media.
3. Follow the Heritage Gardeners are on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram @NBHGardeners
Discovery North Bay Museum remains a drop-off/pick-up location for volunteers. Behind the desk at the gift shop of the Museum, a blue folder contains: Registration Forms, Hours Logs, Election and Honorary Nomination forms etc. Forms for the Heritage Gardeners may be dropped-off or collected at the Museum. Please refer to the Museum’s website prior to your visit for their business hours.
A signed registration form is required EVERY YEAR by each gardener. In order for the City’s insurance to cover all volunteers, each person much be registered every year.
Registration Forms are e-mailed to volunteers that registered the previous season. Hard copies are available for pick-up/drop-off at the Heritage Gardeners office and Discovery North Bay Museum.
If you questions, please contact the Heritage Gardeners Director.